Pool Lifeguarding Courses - Glasgow
JMG Training Services is an Approved Training Centre of the Institute of Qualified Lifeguards for Pool Lifeguarding and run courses regularly throughout the year onsite or offsite.
- Emergency Response (Swimming Pool)
- National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- Pool Lifeguard Ongoing Training
- Pool Lifeguard Renewal
- National Pool Supervisor Qualification
Emergency Response (Swimming Pool) - Glasgow
- Paragraph 193 of the HSE publication "Managing Health and Safety in Swimming Pools" states - Whenever the pool is in use, a member of staff will need to be designated as "on call" to respond
immediately to the alarm and deal with any emergency. It is essential that such staff are trained in pool rescue, CPR techniques and first aid
- The Emergency Response (Pool) is designed to assist operators to meet these requirements (see Emergency Response (Pool) for details)
- The Emergency Response Programme is designed to train ancillary staff to back up and support the lifeguard team (if available) and staff to respond to an emergency.
- The award is designed for pools of 1.5m depth or less - ideal for Hotel and Leisure Club pools.
- Emergency Response (Pool) training previously provided for the Best Western Hotel and Turnberry Hotel.
National Pool Lifeguard Qualification - Glasgow
- The RLSS developed the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) to address the role of the lifeguard and the needs of swimming pool operators. This qualifications helps employers meet the
guidance of the HSE publication Managing Health and Safety in Swimming Pools.
- The qualification includes essential knowledge of lifeguarding, swimming pools, supervision, rescue, emergency action plans, CPR, AED and first aid.
- Pool Lifeguard Training provided for the Trump Turnberry Hotel, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Best Western, Highland Resort Scotland and Glasgow City Council.
Discounts available for combined courses:
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification + First Aid at Work + AED + Heartstart (6 Days)
- Emergency Response (Pool) + Emergency First Aid + AED + Heartstart (2 Days)